New Delhi: Reminding FMGE candidates about the mandatory submission of eligibility certificate to appear in the Natboard- conducted screening test, the National Medical Commission (NMC) has invited applications from the concerned medicos.
The notification to this effect issued under the authority of Dr Vijaya Lakshmi Nag, Member of the Ethics and Medical Registration Board of the NMC, calls for applications from FMGE aspirants seeking eligibility certificate for the forthcoming session and has specified the deadline for the same.
In terms of Section 13(4B) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 and Clause 4(2) of the Screening Test Regulation, 2002, an Indian National/Overseas Citizen of India who desires to take admission into MBBS or its equivalent course in a Medical University/Institution outside the country, is required to obtain Eligibility Certificate from the NMC before leaving the country.
It is not permissible for the holder of a primary medical qualification to appear in the FMGE Screening Test without obtaining an Eligibility Certificate from National Medical Commission.
Therefore, the candidates must submit the eligibility certificate to the National Board of Examination (NBE), the conducting body for FMGE, before appearing for the screening test.
“The Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) Screening Test may be scheduled tentatively in the month of December 2022 by the National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences, NBE. As per the requirements, the candidates who are required to have the eligibility certificate are not permitted to apply for Screening Test without the Eligibility Certificate issued by the National Medical Commission,” the NBE notice read.
The last date for applying is 15th July 2022 till 1 pm. All candidates requiring an Eligibility Certificate are advised to apply through NMC’s website: https://www.nmc.org.in/ActivitiWebClient/open/studentRaise, till the aforementioned deadline then, the NMC portal will be closed.
Alerting on the incomplete applications, the NMC notification stated:
“Incomplete applications will not be processed and shall be summarily rejected. Thereafter the portal for applying the application shall be closed.”
How to download the Eligibility certificates?
• Visit the NMC website https://www.nmc.org.in
• Click on “Student Login”
• Click on the link as “View RegistrationCertificate”.
• Enter the Complete Application Tracking No. (ATN),
• After successful submission of complete ATN No. the applicant will receive an OTP (One Time Password) on their email ID which is registered with MCI. a. If the email ID displayed on the screen is correct, then click on “Yes” or else click on “No”. b. In case, the email ID is incorrect, then click on “No” and share the changed or corrected email address with the respective sections.
• Enter the OTP as received in the applicant’s registered Email ID.
• Email template for OTP to download the certificate
• Click on submit to view the certificate.
• After clicking on “Submit”, the certificates can be downloaded.